Housing Programs


Transitional Housing for Offender Reentry

Transitional Housing for Offender Reentry (THOR) is an online directory of community-based housing options for offenders currently under community supervision. The two types of housing facilities contained in the THOR directory are structured housing and recovery residences. For more information on these services, please click below.

The Department of Community Supervision does not license or authorize any particular resource. While any and all resources offered by DCS are not all-inclusive, nor do they offer an assurance of current status, the agency provides access to these listings as a resource, in good faith, to assist in reentry efforts.


Reentry Partnership Housing

The goal of the Reentry Partnership Housing (RPH) program is to provide short term housing assistance to help stabilize current supervised individual's reentry process to enhance his or her ability to remain crime free. For more information on becoming a reentry housing provider, please follow the link below.

Become A Provider


RPH Frequently Asked Questions

  • Funding

    Q: What does RPH pay for?

    A: RPH pays for short-term transitional housing (up to 3 months) and food access with pre-approved RPH providers.

    Q: What type of housing is provided through RPH?

    A: The type of housing varies with each program. Examples include residential-style housing, apartments, and shelters with dorm-style living. Residents may have shared bedrooms.

    Q: Will RPH pay for my rent or mortgage if I find my own apartment or house?

    A: No. RPH only provides funding for the individual placed with the approved RPH provider.  The monthly stipend is paid directly to the RPH provider. Funding is not available for spouses, children, or other family members of individuals placed through RPH.

  • Eligibility

    Q: Who is eligible for RPH placement?

    A: Individuals who are on active STATE PAROLE/PROBATION with the Georgia Department of Community Supervision (DCS) and do not have a valid residence plan. Active participants in ACCOUNTABILITY COURTS (Felony Drug, Mental Health, Veterans, or Family Treatment) are also eligible if court criteria for homelessness has been met.

    Individuals whose period of parole/probation has ended are not eligible. Individuals who are under federal, out-of-state, misdemeanor, or private probation/parole supervision are not eligible.

    Q: I am a registrable sex offender. Am I eligible for RPH?

    A: Some sex offenders may be eligible. An individual must be classified as SORBB (Sexual Offender Registration Review Board) LEVEL 1 or 2 to be eligible. Individuals classified as Sexually Dangerous Predators are not eligible for RPH.

  • Requests and Payments

    Q: Can an individual who is in a state prison, county jail, or transitional center be released directly to an RPH facility?

    A: Yes, if the individual will be on active Georgia parole/probation after release from custody. The individual’s case manager or Community Supervision Officer (CSO) can initiate the RPH assessment prior to release.

    Q: I am a family member/friend of an individual who is incarcerated. Can I request RPH placement for them?

    A: No. RPH requests must come from DCS, Department of Corrections (GDC), or Accountability Court staff. Ask the individual’s DCS supervision officer, GDC counselor/case manager, or court coordinator to submit an RPH request.

    Q: I am under DCS supervision and am homeless or about to become homeless. How can I get placed at an RPH facility?

    A: Notify your Community Supervision Officer (CSO) of your situation. Your CSO can submit an RPH request for you.

    Q: Will I have to follow rules/regulations while in an RPH program?

    A: Yes. Each RPH provider has rules and regulations regarding curfews, basic house rules, and expectations of behavior. Recovery residences will have requirements regarding substance abuse treatment. All rules and regulations will be explained to residents upon their arrival and provided to them in writing.

    Q: I am an employee of DCS, the Department of Corrections, or the Accountability Courts of Georgia. How can I request RPH placement for an individual under my supervision?

    A: Your request must be submitted through the online forms available only to DCS, GDC, and CACJ employees. Please email [email protected] if you need assistance regarding linkage to the appropriate form.

  • Becoming A Provider

    Q: I am interested in becoming an active provider.  How do I apply?

    A: We are currently only accepting RPH applications for providers who are able to service the sex offender population. If you have a property and are interested in servicing this population, please contact the sheriff’s office of the county the property is located in to confirm the address is eligible to housing sex offender with proximity restrictions. Once you receive communication from the sheriff’s office confirming the address meets the required restrictions, please send the correspondence to [email protected] and someone will contact you regarding becoming a RPH provider.


    Q: What are the requirements for RPH properties?

    A: RPH applicants must provide a deed or current lease for their property/properties. If property/properties are leased, verification from the property owner(s) approving the use of each property for RPH is required. 

    Applicants must also show written verification that each property is zoned appropriately according to local zoning and housing standards with a signed  Zoning Compliance Form, OR a letter from your local zoning/planning office on their official letterhead confirming that the property/properties (addresses must be included) are properly zoned for RPH purposes. Contact your local planning/zoning authority to determine the specific requirements for your property/properties, which can differ based on your location, zoning type, services offered, number of residents, or other factors.

    Please refer to Section 13 (Habitability Standards) of the RPH Guidelines for all standards regarding bedrooms/bathrooms, square footage, living conditions, and safety.

    Q: What compensation will I receive?

    A: $750 - $850 per person (depending on the individual’s mental health level) per month for up to six (6) months. 



Download this pdf file. Download RPH FAQs